Saturday 19 February 2011

Our Script - Olivia

To begin with we were not going to have much dialog just have our soundtrack playing over over scenes while the prodution team names came into the shots. However we have now changed our minds after recieving our feedback from some of our audience members. Also we have noticed that during the opening of most of the drama films we have analysised there is a single character explaining what is going on, e.g: The Bucket List, My Sister's Keeper and The Blind Side.

Here is what we plan to voice over as our film begins.


"It's November 27th, the day after my 16th birthday. I received the worst present anyone could get. (PAUSE). I found out that I was adopted. See this letter here it's from my mum, my birth mum. All she keeps saying is how sorry she is and how it was never her choice to give me up. All my life they have been lying to me, never telling me the truth. How. Just how could they keep this from me. My parents, wait. I guess my adopted parents keep telling me I wasn't ready before but they think I'm ready now, how can I be ready now. I may be 16 but I'm still a child, I'm too young for this, this heart break. How would they have felt at my age? I guess it's not their fault they were just trying to protect me. But she's out there somewhere, my mum. My birth mum."

No comments: